Top ten reasons to invest in Liverpool
- It is the sixth most populous City in the UK, so demand for rental accommodation is high
- Home to Three major Universities, with nearly 50,000 students
- Liverpool has a gross value added of nearly £14 Billion making it a big contributor to the UK economy
- Liverpool has undergone a huge transformation in recent years with investment into sites such as Liverpool ONE shopping centre, the RopeWalks, Lime Street Gateway and the Commercial District
- Employment is high – with large employers such as Jaguar Land Rover, Fujitsu, Santander, QVC and Matalan all having a home here
- The Wirral is home of offshore wind power, nuclear power and tidal power stations to help the UK be a contributor to the power of the future
- Easily accessible via Road, Rail and Air, with Liverpool’s John Lennon airport having a huge selection of destinations around the World
- Part of the Government’s “Northern Powerhouse” project, Liverpool will benefit from improved transport links across the country
- Further investment into the Atlantic Gateway – £50 Billion invested in 50 developments over the next 50 years to re-establish Liverpool as the UK’s premier shipping destination for import and export
- The Albert Docks are the most visited Tourist attraction outside of London
Great value properties
The earnings to house price ratio in Liverpool is one of the best in the country, with properties typically costing around 4.8 times the annual salary. The average home sells for just £124,600, meaning property investors can get a lot more for their money.
A typical property in London, costing an average £483,700 according to Hometrack, will set you back almost four times more than one in Liverpool, and many people are now divesting their mature assets in the capital as the market there stagnates.
In the year to August 2019, Liverpool saw its average house prices rise by 4.6%, well above the UK’s 2.1% average, and experts predict that this trend will continue over the next few years.
The highest rental yields
Liverpool continually ranks as the best place in the country for landlords wanting to earn the highest rental yields, with the most recent top 10 list dominated by two Liverpool postcodes.
In the L7 area, which includes Edge Hill and Kensington just outside the city centre, some of the best rental returns in the country can be found, according to Totally Money, with an average yield of a huge 9.79%. Elsewhere, L1 right in the centre brought in 9.33% in rental returns.
With low house prices, high rental demand and future investment potential, it is an ideal place for investors wanting to diversify their portfolios, with new developments and properties continuously coming onto the market.